Late Paleozoic Tempestites and Their Palaeographical Significance in Bogda Mountain, Xinjiang
摘要: 博格达山西部下二叠统中下部是一套由浊流及其它重力流沉积组成的深水层段,其下伏和上覆地层中都发现了大量风暴岩。深水层段之上的风暴岩仅分布在博山南侧的浪控沉积体系之中,北侧为一套不含风暴岩的潮坪沉积,该特点表明博山南北两侧的沉积层序可能不形成于统一水体,而是分属于两种不同性质的沉积盆地。从而为博山晚古生代属岛弧性质从沉积学角度提供了依据。当博山南侧西缘晚二叠世初期为陆相沉积时,东部仍出现大量远源风暴岩,表明晚古生代海退方向自西而东。Abstract: Bogda Mountain in Xinjiang is composed of Carboniferous and Permain, but mainly the former. Permain only distributes at the foot of the mountain. The lower to middle part of Lower Permain is deep water beds made up of turbidity flow and other gravity flow deposites, under or above which large amounts of volcanic clastic tempestites have been found. They can be divided into seven types and further attributed to proximal and distal tempestites. Although Carboniferous and Permain systems of the south and north sides of Bogda Mountain have similar environment variations, i. e., from littoral zone and neritic shelf to bathyal slope, turning back to neritic shelf and littoral zone and then to continental enviroments, but the sedimentary features of of two sides, especially those of shallow water beds overlying deep water ones, are quite different. The north side consists of a sedimentary sequence developing dark fine-grained laminations, in which existed no large sedimentary textures occuring in tempestites and strong hydrodynamic environments, but those often found in a tidal flat, i. e., herringbone cross-beddings, lenticular beddings, vein beddings, wave beddings, which indcates that the beds were formed in a tidal flat that was obstacled and weaky hydrodynamic. In the similar beds on the south side frequently occurs not only proximal tempestites but also wave ripples, wave cross beddings, and reworked wave ripples formed in a wave-controlled environment, washing beddings, composed of coarse sandstones with high structure maturity, and oolite limestones further indicate that the environments were controlled by high-energy wave. As mentioned above, the palaeohydrodynamic environments of the two sides were quite different, so it is impossible for them to be formed in an united water body, which provides sedimentological evidences for Late Paleozoic Bogda islands arc. Because oceanic plate continuously subducted from north to south and volcanic products were formed, the two sides of Bogda Mountain finally were dissected into two different sedimentary basins with differend sedimentary characteristics.
 (1) 晋惫娟、李育慈，1989,博格达山西南麓晚古生代风暴岩一半深海块体搬运沉积物及其形成的构造背景，沉积学报增刊，7-20页
(4) Duke W. L.，1985, Hummocky Cross- stratification, Trppical Hurricanes and Intense wind Storms. Sedimentology, V.32, N.2, p.167-194.
(5) Bourgeois J., 1980, A Transgressive Shelf Sequence Exhibiting Hunmocky stratification: The Cape sebastion Sand- stone (upper cretaceous) Southwestern Oregen. J. Sed. Petrol., V.S, N.3, p.681-702
(6) Prave A. R. and W. L. Duke.，1990, SmaV-Scale Hummocky Cross-Stratification in Turbidites: a Form of Antidune stratification, Sedimentology, V.37, N.3, p.531-539
(7) Jackson M. J., Simpson and K. A. Eriksson, 1990, Facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis in an intracratonic. therma]一relaxation basin: the Early Proterozoic Lower Quilarlar Formation and Ballara Quartile. Mount Isa Inlier, Australia. Sedimentology, V.37, N.6, p.1053-1078.
- 文章访问数: 391
- HTML全文浏览量: 1
- PDF下载量: 358
- 被引次数: 0